So I had some thoughts put into my head last night by an unknown. What or who put the ideas in my brain are irrelevant but the message was pure and powerful.
I asked why we are here and what we were meant to do with our lives on earth...
After I asked these questions I was told that it was all about love.
I asked again and I was told that the question didn't matter and neither did the answer, it's just all about love.
Hmmmm
What's all about love and why am I not supposed to know the answer to my question? I wanted an answer less vague than what I got. Maybe I wasn't asking the question correctly.
What I took from this is that we as human kind need to love each other. Well, duh really. But it felt powerful in my mind when it was put there.
I don't know if there is a heaven or a hell and if there is, I might be fucked.
"It's all about love"...
Why was the answer not It's all about rules of religion or what religion is the right one? If I knew what religion was the one true path, my life would be a lot more easy. If we all knew the true path, we could all rest assured that our actions were either right or wrong.
We all know right from wrong for the most part though. I mean all of us know that it's bad to murder, it's bad to steal or it's good to give and it's good to be honest. Our minds have a built in guide that we all hear and choose to either follow or don't follow. Is this God speaking to us?
I asked my question and got my answer.
It's all about love.
I say that if we act without love as our guide them we can all pretty much know that what we are doing isn't right. So... if we choose to do wrong what is the punishment? I was born into American Christianity and was raised in a Baptist church. I was taught the rules as they interpret them from the Bible. They say the Bible is Gods word. I don't have the faith that they do. I need to find out on my own. I do things every day that the Church sees as sinful and wrong but in my heart I feel like I'm still 'good'.
Once my mom told me that my aunt, who I see as a great and giving person, will be going to Hell simply because she doe's not follow the Christian faith. What makes that religion better than all the others? What makes any faith better or more right than our built in guidance system?
No comments:
Post a Comment